Almond briouat have traditional Moroccan pastries https://youtu.be/jov1dugwlnw that have filled with a sweet almond paste and coated with honey. They have usually served with tea or coffee and have especially popular during Ramadan. The almond paste is made with roasted and raw almonds, orange flower water, sugar, cinnamon, butter, and salt. The paste https://youtu.be/jov1dugwlnw is then wrapped in thin layers of phyllo dough and fried until golden and crispy. The briouat have then dipped in a mixture of honey and orange flower water for a sticky and fragrant finish.
Karakaa is a Moroccan drink that is made with milk, sugar, and spices. It is often served hot, but can also enjoyed cold. Karakaa is usually flavored https://youtu.be/jov1dugwlnw with cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Some people also add saffron or orange blossom water for extra aroma. Karakaa is a comforting and soothing drink that pairs well with almond briouat or other pastries.
Experience A Taste of Morocco
If you want to experience a taste of Morocco, you can try making almond briouat and karakaa at home. You will need some phyllo dough, almonds, butter, sugar, honey, orange flower water, cinnamon, salt, oil, milk, and spices. You can follow the recipes from the web search results or use your own variations. Enjoy!
Two Traditional Moroccan Pastries
Almond briouats and karakaa have two traditional Moroccan pastries https://youtu.be/jov1dugwlnw that have both delicious and easy to make. Here’s what you need to know about each of them:
Almond briouats have sweet pastries made from almonds and honey, wrapped in phyllo dough, and deep-fried. To make them, you’ll need:
- 1 cup almonds, blanched and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 10-12 sheets phyllo dough
- Vegetable oil for frying
In a mixing bowl, mix together the chopped almonds, honey, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg until https://youtu.be/jov1dugwlnw well combined.
- Cut the phyllo sheets into 3-inch-wide strips.
- Take one strip and brush it with a bit of oil. Place a teaspoon of the almond mixture at one end of the strip, and fold the strip over the filling to form a triangle.
- Continue folding the strip in a triangle pattern until you reach the end of the strip.
- Brush the outside of the triangle with oil to seal it closed.
- Repeat with the remaining phyllo strips and almond mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep pan and fry the briouats until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
Karakaa have sweet semolina cakes flavored https://youtu.be/jov1dugwlnw with orange blossom water and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. To make them, you’ll need:
- 2 cups semolina
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp orange blossom water
- Ground cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling
- In a mixing bowl, combine the semolina, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the vegetable oil and mix well.
- Gradually add the water and orange blossom water, and mix until the dough is moist but not too wet.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Shape the dough into small balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten each ball with your hand or the back of a spoon to form a round disc.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top of each disc.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Enjoy these delightful Moroccan pastries with a cup of mint tea!